RFID Reader Module
The Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Reader Module provides a low-cost solution to read passive RFID transponder tags from up to 4 inches away. The module can be used in a wide variety of hobbyist and commercial applications, including access control, user identification, robotics navigation, inventory tracking, payment systems, car immobilization, and manufacturing automation.
The RFID Reader Module works exclusively with the EM Microelectronics-Marin SA EM4100-family of 125kHz, passive, read-only transponder tags. A variety of different tag types and styles exist from such manufacturers as HID Global and CYNTAG. The most popular compatible tags are also available from Parallax. Each transponder tag contains a unique identifier (one of 240, or 1,099,511,627,776, possible combinations) that is read by the RFID Reader Module.
Parallax, Inc. is the exclusive manufacturer of the RFID Reader Module. It is available in two versions: Serial (1-wire, 2400 baud, TTL-level) or USB. For questions and technical support, contact email@example.com.
- Serial TTL or USB interface
- Requires single +5VDC supply (USB version is bus-powered and requires no external supply)
- 3.25″ L x 2.45″ W
- Bi-color LED for visual indication of activity
- -40 degrees C to +70 degrees C operating temperature
Documentation (from Parallax):
- Technical Manual: RFID Reader Module
- Sample Code: BASIC Stamp 2
- Sample Code: BASIC Stamp 1
- Sample Code: Parallax/Ubicom SX (SX/B)
- Sample Code: RFID Security Application (SX/B)
Additional Resources (Serial Version):
Additional Resources (USB Version):